Highlights on the way:
1. Bath Island, Keszthely – The curiosity of the Town Beach is the round shaped bathing island that is the only remained one around Lake Balaton. More information are here.
2. Eco Adventure Park, Gyenesdiás – The adventure park can be reached from the Gyenes Lido beach. There are courses for kids, juniors and adults. More information are here.
3. St. Michael chapel, Vonyarcvashegy – The shape of the white and protected chapel standing on the top of a lakeside hill catches the eyes from far. From here the beautiful view of the Keszthely Hills and the Lake Balaton can be admired. Further information are here.
4. Szépkilátó (lookout place) and ’Soós’ bay, Balatongyörök – Unique view can be enjoyed from this place of the Keszthely bay. Walking along on its promenade the Roman source can be reached. The ’Soós’ bay was named after the family Soós who lived nearby. More information are here.
5. Castle of Szigliget – The recently renovated mediaeval border fortress mentioned as a pearl of Lake Balaton evokes the time of heroic knights.
6. Kisfaludy House, Badacsony – The present-day restaurant is the former press house of the well-known Hungarian poet Sándor Kisfaludy. The house was built in baroque style in the 18th century.
7. Bird ringing station, Keszthely-Fenékpuszta – The bird ringing station and bird clinic operating all year round offers a pleasant program for lovers of nature. A bird eggs and nest collection can be found in the building of the railway station. More information are here.